Imperial War Museum - July 28, 2014
A transformed Imperial War Museum London opened it's doors in July 2014 after being closed for 6 months to undergo a £40m refurbishment project. The re-opening has been timed to coincide with the centenary of the First World War.
Stone Sign Company are proud to have been commissioned to produce a new Nabresina Limestone plaque to commemorate the refurbishment and also re-hang a plaque which originally hung in the building when it was still the Bedlam Hospital and has been in storage off-site since the 1960's.
A team of Stone Sign Co. fitters attended site in June to hang the two plaques, as the older one is considered a museum piece this was hung using a stainless steel frame designed by us so that no drilling to the stone was necessary.
The official opening was attended by Prince William, the Prime Minister David Cameron and Viscount Rothermere, Chairman of the IWM Foundation who is named on our new plaque along with his Great-Grandfather who donated the site to the museum in 1936.
We have enjoyed working with the IWM team and wish them all the very best for future success.