HM The Queen unveils plaques produced by Stone Sign Co. - May 06, 2014
Felsted School, is an independent school, situated in Essex. It is in the British Public School tradition, and was founded in 1564 by Richard Rich, 1st Baron Rich (also known as Riche) who was Lord Chancellor and Chancellor of the Court of Augmentations
On the 6th of May 2014, the School enjoyed the crowning moment of its 450 year celebrations as Her Majesty the Queen visited. Following in the footsteps of Her Majesty The Queen Mother, who visited for the 400th anniversary in 1964, it was an extremely special occasion.
The visit itself was separated into two parts; the first was a private lunch, prepared by Felsted's nervous but excited catering department; this was followed by a special assembly where Her Majesty unveiled two Commemorative slate plaques. These commemorated the 450th anniversary, and also the rebuilding of Follyfield boarding house, destroyed by fire in 2012.
Stone Sign Company are proud to have produced these two stone plaques whish were unveiled by Her majesty on this important day in the History of Felsted School.
The plaques were produced using premium quality Welsh slate from the quarries of Snowdonia, with deeply engraved lettering and school logo inlaid with finest quality 23¾ carat English Gold Leaf.