Salvation Army Plaques

Stone Sign Company were recently asked to create two new Welsh Slate commemorative plaques to accompany a new statue of Catherine Booth, known as The Mother of The Salvation Army.

Her and her husband, William Booth, formed the charity in 1865 under its original name –The East London Christian Mission. It was later reorganized under a military structure where its current name was introduced. The statue and engraved plaques were erected as part of the celebration of the 150th birthday of the charity, whose generosity has spread across 126 countries and has helped millions of people worldwide.

The commemorative plaques were crafted from the finest natural Welsh slate, perfect for engraving detailed lettering, were hand painted with silver enamel sign writers paint to increase the legibility and give it an extra special finish. The plaques are then hand finished to give the welsh slate that smooth dark blue black colour.

These engraved plaques were commissioned to complement the original statue which can be found at the Salvation Army headquarters in Denmark Hill, London. The new statue and plaque is located in Whitechapel, London which is the location of William Booths first open sermon which led to the formation of the charity. The unveiling of the two plaques and statue marks the week long celebration that took place in London.

More photographs of the unveiling can be found at:

www.flickr.com

More information about our unveiling and commemorative plaques can be found on our dedicated page here.

 

© Copyright Stone Sign Co An MS-Group Company